Friday, July 07, 2006

That was the day that I will ALWAYS remember as the day that I almost saw them almost catch Captain Jack Sparrow


Yes...last night, Grant and I went at midnight to the first showing for opening day of The Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's chest (the sequel). I've been dying for this movie to come out. We bought our tickets ahead of time...but unfortunately, we only got there about 35 minutes in advance...and the theater was packed. We had to sit in the very front row...pretty much on the floor right in front of the screen...not even in the stadium seating part...."savvy?" Oh, and did I mention that it was the "mega theater" or something like that? The screen was enormous. Alas, I quickly started to get motion sickness from watching the movie....unfortunately, this is an obnoxious defect of mine. I can't go to Imax movies either! The parts that I saw when the room wasn't spinning too badly were great! but about 1/2 way through, I ended up having to run to the bathroom to puke...and that was pretty much it. We left. Talk about a bummer.

Lovely, huh? So, we're going to re-attempt, and hopefully this time I will in the words of Captain Jack Sparrow...."try not to do anything stupid."

Drink up me 'earties...yo-ho!

No comments: