Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I wish I were Snoopy...

We're going to the Dickens on the Strand Victorian Ball! This is so amazingly groovy. I have always, always, always wanted to go to a Victorian ball. Well, this year, Grant decided that we were going! How great is that...the dancing, the beautiful gowns....Yeah..that's the problem. No gown.
So.....I used to sew (when I had more time and didn't have a job)....I used to make most of my dresses and gowns....(yeah...in college and high school!) So, I'm making a Victorian gown. Besides, I love to sew, and this gets me back into sewing.

So....Do you remember how in that one Peanuts special Peppermint Pattie somehow decides that she wants to compete in figure skating and she tells Marcie that she's to make her this wonderful figure skating outfit??? And Marcie can't sew? Snoopy ends up coming in at the last minute...measures Peppermint Pattie in lightning speed...throws the fabric up in the air as you hear chop, chop, chop noises, and then goes to the sewing machine and starts in on a sewing frenzy. Basically, in about 60 seconds, Peppermint Pattie has a beautiful figure skating dress. In addition, Snoopy gets to run the zamboni machine.
You know...some times I wish I were Snoopy.




No comments: