Sunday, July 15, 2007

Digital class

Ok, so I'm taking a pretty cool Photoshop Elements scrapbooking class this month on Digitalscrapbookplace.com Very cool. I met the instructor, Emma, at the digital crop that I went to in Arlington at the Great American Scrapbook Convention last month.
Her classes are very detailed and pleasantly complex. I've taken several other digital classes and they've all been pretty basic and about the same, even the more advanced ones. So, I'm liking it!
Learning lots more stuff about things that I thought that I already knew about, and I'm only on week 2. Groovy.

This is one of my class assignments. Not my favorite, but I was basically just trying to incorporate all of the techniques that I learned in the 1st 2 weeks of class. No premade items, everything had to be pretty simple, and I had to use 3 photos. So, not too bad for having constraints. It was nice taking a digital class where it wasn't like...take this element and put it here. It was like, here are 4 different techniques to make photo mats....use them.
Luckily, I have a great photographer. (Love you, Grant!) Pictures are from the Meadow Creek Schooling event that we went to last month.

It was pretty cool. Laura Mann and I both won our divisions, which is pretty trippy, since we've done that 2 or 3 times now at this particular show! (she was in Training with Sparky, and I took Ronan in Beginner Novice). Laura's been busy with her new job this past year, so we hadn't really gotten to go to any shows together since this time last year. It was awesome to have her back.

Usually, it's wicked hot at this show, but this year it was cooler because....oh yes, just like every other show since we got Ronan....it was pouring down rain. Yuck.

No comments: